Secret recipe larch sorbet with lemon geranium flower
2 year infused sloe gin
Birch syrup Caramel wafers
Buck and Birch December 2015
23/5/15 -Glass of chilled birch sap wine
-Smoked venison ham and dandelion caper -Fresh wild garlic curds and seasonal flowers in a lime leaf wrap -Crispy pig skin crisp with whipped lardo and toasted nori seaweed -Alexanders tomato and cucumber shot with cow parsley and celery seed
- Venison liver dumplings , sauteed mushrooms, pennywort and a rich game consomme
- Lobster and fennel orzotto with rich lobster bisque, roe and garlic flowers
- Glass of rosehip and bayleaf liqueur
-Roast jerusalem artichoke cream with kale flowers stems and cep powder
- Venison loin , spring greens , staggis sauce cuckoo flower and crispy parsnips
-Glass of elderberry liquer
-The last of the beets , highland blue cheese, bitter herbs and an elderberry glaze
- Hawthorn flower sorbet with fresh blossom
-Glass of chilled dandelion wine
-Malted parsnip cake, caramelised parsnip granola bar, roast apple sauce, birch syrup caramel and rowan shoot cream
Dalriada, Menu 4/4/15
-Chilled birch sap wine
-Smoked Venison ham and caper -Smoked Rainbow trout on spelt cracker with Nori and horseradish -Tomato and cucumber jelly with garlic chive
-Braised Ballencrieff pork belly , shittake , raw jerusalem artichoke and cep powder with a smoked ham hock and kelp broth
-Venison fillet Tartare with last years pickles. -Sundried tomato bread and butter.
-Braised game and staggis trifle, gooseberry jelly and potato foam. Crispy parsnip and sunflower seed topping
-Hare and roots from the store. Roast jerusalem cream, Whole birch syrup glazed parsnips and pan fried salsify with kale shoots and game jus
-Elderberry whisky liquer.
-Cheese and herbs. Crumbly scottish blue and cheddar with chopped lovage, ground elder, wild leek and jack by the hedge.
-Larch sorbet , rosehip tuille, pine pollen sherbet
-Birch syrup caramels.
Kilquhanity House. Menu . 28/3/15
-Glass of Bucks Fizz. Sparkling Birch sap wine - Cured venison and dandelion caper sticks
-Woodcock Tartare toasts with confit leg, and offal spread. Crispy skin and pickled alexanders. -Primrose flower -Fried pig skin with Nori and whipped lardo.
-Glass of very fresh birch sap
- Pork belly ,raw jerusalem artichoke , jews ear and ceps with smoked ham and kelp broth.
- Seafood plate: Oyster with wild leek pearls, seared razor clams and a jar of prawn bisque. Glass of rosehip sherry
- Seared pigeon breast on hazelnut meringue with ground elder.
- Hare trifle: braised hare shoulder, white elderberry jelly, roast artichoke mousse , crispy parsnip and balsam seed topping . Staggis tuille.
-Glass of elderberry whisky liquer
-Local lamb and kale salad with wild garlic stems, wild leek ash, and parmentier potatoes
- Cheese plate. Galloway cheddar and Blue murder cheese crumbled together with lots of herbs ( jack by the hedge, lovage, wild garlic leaves , tarragon ) and some salt baked beetroot.
-Glass of rosehip rum
- Larch sorbet with rosehip tuille, pine pollen sherbet and birch syrup.
-Birch syrup caramels
Glass of Sparkling rhubarb fizz
- Venison bresaola and dandelion caper - Nasturtium flower with smoked salmon - Whipped lardo crisp with savoury crackling.
- Lobster bisque with smoked queenies, razor clams, mussels and more lobster, crispy seaweed
- Very fresh garden vegetables with a herb curd and sungold tomatoes
- Nearly raw mackerel with fresh gooseberries and nasturtium leaf
- sweet cicely liquer
- Staggis crisps
- Venison and fermented garlic salad
- Glass of elderberry whisky liquer
- Rose jelly, rowan shoot parfait shortbread and rosepetals with a wild strawberry , whitebeam syrup and thai basil.
- Glass of dandelion wine
- Birch syrup and sea salted caramel log
-'Bucks fizz.' Home made Birch sap and Elderflower or Rhubarb fizz.
- Sloe gin cured venison 'bresaola' and dandelion caper
- Ballencrieff whipped lardo on crispy pancetta with fried sage and seaweed sprinkle
- Sungold tomato gel with purple basil
- Pure birch sap
- Rockpool soup. Smoked queen scallops, whelks and mussels with crispy seaweed, samphire, orache and himalayan balsam seeds with a lobster Mc Miso consomme.
- Venison and pickled beetroot tartare with home made pickles and crispy lichen. Served on local coal stone.
- Sweet cicely vodka infusion
- Sea trout served with sorrel sauce , broad beans and ground elder flowers
- Staggis. Home made game haggis on crispy flat bread
- Rare breed Shetland lamb salad with new potatoes, red onion jam, lacto fermented garlic ,chick weed, celeriac flower , pea shoots and wild leek ash
- 'Pine cone' .Larch sorbet with pine pollen sherbet
Sweet cicely parfait served with elderflower poached gooseberries and rhubarb, hazelnut meringue, Thai basil and dandelion nectar .
- Sea salted birch syrup caramels.
Birch sap wine
Smoked Venison and dandelion caper
Spelt cracker, smoked salmon, fresh curds and beach coriander
Hazelnut meringue. rose petal ketchup, fermented cherry blossom
Alexanders, tomato, cucumber and celery seed vodka with cow parsley straw.
Beach broth, smoked mussels, seaweeds and coastal succulents
Rosehip and bay leaf liquer
Seared scallop, pepper dulse warmed in birch syrup and rosehip 'roe'
Orzotto with fennel, brown crab meat, sweet cicely juice and garlic roasted langoustine
Sea trout, squid ink and lobster sauce, samphire
Venison tartare, quail egg yolk, home made foraged pickles, sage flowers, oak moss and sourdough.
Elderberry and clove root whisky liqueur
Blue cheese, chopped lovage and pink elderflower and gooseberry jam.
Larch sorbet, crystallised rose petal, pine pollen tuile and sherbet,
Hawthorn blossom delight
Sea salted birch caramel in a spoon of pure birch syrup
-Rhubarb or Birch sap and elder fizz
-Cured venison and dandelion caper -Whipped lardo on beetroot crisp with purple sage crackling and nori
- Glass of fresh birch sap
-Rockpool soup. Roast turbot, mussels and raw scallops served with crispy seaweed, jelly ear mushroom , himalayan balsam seed and a lobster McMiso broth
-Wood pigeon served with rose petal ketchup , hazelnut meringue and ground elder
-Venison tartare served with malted spelt toasts, home grown pickles , seasonal flowers and a poached quails egg.
-Blackberry farm rare breed Shetland lamb served with new potatoes, wild garlic ash , lacto fermented spring onions , garlic mustard, purple broccoli and an elderberry reduction .
- Glass of elderberry brandy liquer
- Forest sorbet made with larch , birch sap and some magic. Served in a cone with pine pollen sherbet.
-Rowan shoot parfait served with parsnip cake biscotti , dandelion nectar and wood sorrel.
Glass of dandelion desert wine
- Birch syrup caramels
Broughton St. Deli. July 2015
Glass of chilled birch sap wine
Smoked venison ham and dandelion bud capers ( v - same but with fermented dried plum) Nasturtium flower and fresh curds Hazelnut meringue with rose petal ketchup and a fermented cherry blossom
Big west coast oyster with wild leek pearls ( v - Oyster mushroom and pickled cucumber brine )
Japanese knotweed wine shooter with sweet cicely straw Coastal consomme. Seaweeds, coastal succulents , limpets and smoked mussels in a clear beach broth . ( v - miso and tomato consomme with extra coastal succulents and 'vichy purple carrot hearts)
Seared scallop with pepper dulse and birch syrup puree, rosehip 'roe' and extra syrup for good measure ( v - same but with a birch sap braised artichoke heart )
Sea buckthorn and blackcurrant leaf cured wild sea trout salad with phantassie leaves , fresh green gooseberries and a sweet cicely and elderflower gel. (v - pickled salad of fresh beans, courgettes, carrot, artichoke and pumpkin seed. Phantassie leaves )
Glass of rosehip and bay leaf rum
Forth langoustines in new seasons garlic butter on a lobster bisque orzotto with fennel flowers (v... roast carrot with poppy seed crust on a sun dried tomato orzotto )
Venison and jerusalem artichoke trifle. Elderberry wine braised haunch , rosehip jelly , roast jerusalem foam and himalayan balsam seed . (v...same same but with fried mushrooms .)
Glass of elderberry whisky with clove root
Scottish blue cheese and the last of the roasted beets. With lovage flower, gooseberry and pink elderflower jam and spelt cracker crumb.
Secret recipe larch sorbet with pine pollen tuille and sherbet
Spoon of pure birch syrup
Cured venison and dandelion caper
Alliyummy soup. Potato foam with sauteed leeks, wild leek pearls, wild garlic flowers , leek flower stems and spring onions
Chopped duck egg on spelt toast with purple kale, fire weed shoots and rosemary burnt butter
Pan fried scallop with birch syrup and a nori and pork skin sprinkle
shot of Rowan vodka
Monkfish fried with coriander seed served with last years sungold tomatoes and ground elder
Seared Venison loin served with celeriac puree, malted beetroot granola and garlic mustard
glass of spiced elderberry brandy liquer
'Knot rhubarb crumble'. Japanese knotweed puree served with rhubarb meringues, shortbread , sea buckthorn and apple sorbet , and wood sorrel.
Sweet cicely infusion
Birch syrup caramels
- Glass of birch sap fizz
-Whipped lardo served on a beetroot crisp and topped with crisp pork skin and seaweed sprinkle .
- Very fresh oyster served with pickled burdock root
- Buck a leekie soup. Braised rabbit soup served with home grown musselburgh leeks and few flowered leek ( Alium paradoxum). Elderflower wine broth .
- Hand dived king scallop pan fried and served in the shell with rosehip 'roe' , birch syrup and crispy seaweed and leek
- Glass of rosehip sherry
-Venison tartare. Local roe deer fillet chopped finely and served with pickled elderberry, coriander pickled shallot and lacto fermented sweetcorn. Borage and primrose flower and parsley. Fresh hens egg yolk. Served on coal stone.
- Crab and bronze fennel orzotto with lobster tail and oil .
- Mince and tatties wi peas. Elderberry wine braised venison shoulder , staggis , mashed potato, kale flower sprouts and sticky willy foam.
- Glass of elderberry brandy liquer
- port sETON mess. Apple and quince puree, root veg crisps, rhubarb meringues, crystalised rose petals, toasted hazelnuts and Hawthorn blossom sorbet.
- Rosehip and honey tea
- Birch syrup caramel log.
Glass of birch sap bucks fizz,
-Sloe gin cured venison bresaola with dandelion caper -One part pickled mackerel with three parts nasturtium roll ( flower, leaf, seed pod) -McSushi-ishi . Cowparsley vinegar seasoned barley with smoked salmon and nori. Pickled burdock root .
Pure birch sap served as table water
Oyster served in the shell with birch syrup and bramble vinegar sweet and sour, wild leek pearls and a glass of rosehip sherry
Mince and tatties sundae . Elderberry wine braised venison shoulder, turnip puree and potato and jerusalem artichoke foam . Topped with toasted himalayan balsam seeds and a brambley game reduction.
Baked Hake served with broad bean puree and mussels cooked with tomato , shallot and tarragon. Lobster and tomato oils
Venison loin served rare, with romanesco and purple broccoli, swede cubes, savoury granola and venison reduction
Glass of sloe gin
Compote heap. Bramble and pear compote hidden under a crunchy layer of root vegetable crisps and tuilles with coriander seed, crystallised rosepetals, rosehip sorbet and pine pollen sherbet .
Cup of rosehip tea with honey
Salted birch syrup caramel log with apple gel .
Glass of our own Bucks Fizz. Rhubarb or birch sap.
- Home cured venison and dandelion caper. - Clarks smoked salmon in nori oatcake cups with elderberry capers
- Chilled lobster and crab soup with turnip, radish , chinese celery and a birch wine and rowan shoot consomme.
Shot of rowan shoot vodka.
- Chopped day fresh hens egg on a new potato and calendula rosti, rosemary brown butter, peppery salad leaves
-fresh raw mackerel fillet, served on a coal stone with gooseberry and raspberry purees, seaweed and nasturtium
-Venison liver with rye toast, beer pickled shallot, shaved fresh red onion , radish flower and venison reduction
Venison haunch , seam butchered and served near raw with some very fresh vegetables in granola soil. Rose petal ketchup and birch syrup.
'Pine cone'. Larch sorbet served in a crispy cone with pine pollen sherbet.
Sweet and sour strawberries , honey cream, rhubarb meringues, crumble crumbs, pink elderflower gel and wood sorrel.
Rosehip tea or dandelion coffee
Salted Birch syrup 'caramel log' Crystallised rose petals Dandelion jam shortbread tartlets
Home made rhubarb or elderflower and birch sap fizz.
Canapes of ...
-Venison bresaola. -Nori oat cake cups with kintsai cream and Clarks own smoked salmon, -Teaspoons of sea trout ceviche with spring onions and sea buckthorn.
-Buck a leekie soup. Confit leg and poached loin of rabbit served with home grown leeks, home made prunes , a rosehip wine stock and wild garlic flowers.
-Chopped duck egg served with rye toast, beurre noisette , red mustard and rosebay willow herb shoots .
- Pan fried sea trout , sorrel butter sauce, pickled cow parsley and green elderberries, lime leaf and cow parsley flowers. .
- Venison liver with beer pickled shallot and haunch served with savoury root veg granola, purple broccoli, green forest pesto.